Essay of creativity
By Jada Ramsammy
In AS all the
work was done individually and I had to do everything by myself and I found
that easier. This is different in A2 because in A2 we have to work in groups
and depend on each other in order to create our final product which is a horror
trailer. This helped with my creativity because when I was by myself it was
easier to work but the ideas I had were limited, whereas if you are in a group
everyone can pitch an idea and have more ideas and you can build up the ideas
and add more ideas to the project that you are working on.
During my time
in media I have managed to improve certain skills from when I transferred from
AS to A2.
One example of
this is in AS I did a magazine cover and I had to sort out the costume and
props for my model to pose with for my magazine. Whilst being in AS I didn’t
really have an idea of what costume my model should wear for my cover so I let
her wear anything which didn’t really go with my theme of the magazine I was
working with which was music. In A2 though I got an idea of how to direct the
models and actors for my film and told them what to wear. From the experience I
got from AS I knew how to suggest poses and direct my models so that they
looked as though they fit the theme for my trailer, poster and magazine, which was
horror.
Another example
is working with a camera and doing certain angles. In AS I managed to learn
about different camera angles for still images, his was so that I could use
this knowledge for the types of shots I would use for my models in my magazine.
I was able to learn about these quickly and maser them even quicker. In A2 my
skills behind the camera were put to the test because I had to learn the
different shots that there were whilst filming and try to mimic some of them.
Using knowledge I had already gained from AS I managed to improve those skills
and quickly picked up the skills of mastering the different shots for my horror
trailer.
The genre
dramatically changed whilst transferring from AS to A2. In AS I did a music
magazine and I chose the type of genre of music, I did Pop, which was all about
fun, vibrancy and it was very upbeat. I had neon colours for my magazine which
suggests it was to attract the audience to make them feel happy and upbeat. However
in A2 I did a horror trailer and that included dull colours which was all about
feeling gloomy and creeped out. I used darker shades of blue, white and black
which helped to add to the gloomy feeling of the magazine, poster and trailer.
The question for the Essay is "Explain how your understanding of Conventions from Real Media Texts influenced the way you Created your own media products. Refer to a range of examples in your answer to show how these Skills developed over time." (30 mins)"
ReplyDelete1. You must refer to the specific names of the RMTs - what films, what posters, what magazines
2. You must refer to the specific CONVENTIONS - you have referred to pose, what about colour, fonts, layout, editing, shot types?
3. For your MEG (C) You must be specific about what they DID wear in the magazines and then evaluate what YOU did. You are being too vague in your examples
The last paragraph is a good example of the level of detail you need to include in the essay - you waste a lot of time discussing about working in groups which is not relevant - it should be about USING or COPYING conventions and the need to look at this stuff.