Thursday, 17 December 2015

DYSTOPIA Magazine cover



This is our magazine cover that I have managed to do today. I used Photoshop for this task and found it a bit difficult to move all the little pieces around for example the tiny text. I managed to stay after school to make sure and complete it, I like how it looks so far but I think it can do with some improving though and I also think I could have put more on the magazine. I think that the colors I have used work really well together and it really gives it an eerie atmosphere.

















2 comments:

  1. The magazine cover is recognisable by some of the conventions of form and a suitable central image has been selected if somewhat bland for an antagonist. There is some skill in the positioning of the title behind the head. The Whilst there is some suitable copy the presentation and technical skill lets this down. The main film title is spelled incorrectly, the variety of fonts and spacing shows a lack of attention to detail to demonstrate proficiency. The colouring of the image and fonts shares consistency with the campaign.
    To improve:
    Spell check
    Stop using multiple ' !!!!!'
    Behind the scenes been used twice
    Look at your leading and distance between the letters
    No barcode, price, date, publishing house
    No margins considered at he sides and top
    Needs more images for the film graphic along the bottom
    You need to improve the font selection
    Level 2 E

    ReplyDelete
  2. What I like about the magazine is the image as it is clear that she is the antagonist and is clear that the sub-genre is supernatural. I like how you've used the film strip at the bottom. However, in order to fill the two blank ones you could add in a couple of images. I also really like the fonts you have used as they suit the sub-genre.

    Age-18 Gender-Male

    ReplyDelete